Exhaustion

I have simply had no time what so ever to edit my book and its quite depressing.  The activities though that have taken my time are not so depressing, except a few. Let me explain as these experiences may one day help me write my book as an author does pull upon her own experiences to make sure the scenes within the books are realistic. I also  feel like complaining about how tiring the week and explain my excuse for not working on my book. :)

First, I unfortunately got sick Monday Evening as suddenly my throat hurt and my body ached. According to the doctors though I wasn't contagious to I went to school and tried to get through the day because I had a basketball playoff game that night. Five periods later, I am sleeping in the HS office, my dad on his way to come pick me up. I didn't make it. Fortunately though, the sleep I then get at home was enough to rejuvenate me so I DID go to the game and played awesome defense and even scored a basket! And of course, we won. :D Now its Wednesday and I'm feeling better but I want to be completely ready for the Final Four game on Friday. Thus I decide to stay home and rest until I am no longer sick. That doesn't last long though as I remember that I have Choir District on Thursday and I can't miss our Wednesday practice. So what did I do? I went to school fourth period, practiced my solo, practiced with choir, ate lunch, went to one class, and then practiced basketball. Then came Thursday in which we left for the competition at 6:45 in the morning and sang ALL day. And my throat stopped hurting so I was able to sing loud and proud and earned a one on my solo. Also, all of our choirs are going onto State so it was a great day. Then we returned to school and I once again had basketball practice and that night, I realized my voice was completely gone. Just gone and why was this bad? Because I was supposed to sing the national anthem at the Finals game if we made it there. Thus I was sucking cough drops and drinking water all day long on Friday. My voice didn't come back Friday but we won our game and moved onto the Championship Game. I sucked cough drops until I was sick of them and luckily, my voice was back enough for me to sing well enough to honor our nation and the audience sang with me so it was just simply amazing. Then came the game which was a hard, long battle which unfortunately we came up short and lost but I wouldn't trade a moment of this past basketball season for anything. I love my team and am so proud of everything we had accomplished this year and that we have gone farther then any basketball team before us. And I am confident that the team will get there once again  next year and I will be there to cheer them on. Thus, that was my past week and Sunday was a day of rest and homework. Crazy right? Crazy and what's next? Quizzes and Tests and Jog-A-Fun and the end of the quarter and Europe!

Yes I am going to Europe over spring break with my senior class and my post when I get back will be all about the experiences I had with my friends and which ones I think may make it into my books. ;) Until Then! :D

Comments