Sci-Fi/Fantasy Virtual Conference

I am a very frugal person when it comes to spending money on myself. Christmas gifts for my siblings? Not frugal. But myself? Very frugal.

Thus, it takes a long time and much internal debate to convince myself that buying anything for my manuscript is, well, acceptable. Which is a good thing (I think) since anything I do end up buying needs to be of excellent quality and dependability. And so far, I have not been disappointed in my purchases.

It is with that in mind, that I share that I made a large purchase today. I've enrolled in the WDU Annual Science Fiction & Fantasy Virtual Conference!

Two days, six talks, networking with fellow writers, and a written critique of your query letter by an agent in the field. It costs $199.99. And what convinced me?

First off, it's only for Sci-Fi and Fantasy, which is my realm of work.
Secondly (and main reason) is that the 5/6 topics for the talks are relevant to my current stage of writing.
  • Writing realistic fighting scenes.
  • Give your a Fantasy universe a lived-in feel
  • Using sets and props in your scenes
  • Hero, Anti-Hero, and Villain development
  • Pacing
With great talks like this and the ability to have my query letter reviewed, I figured this would be a good first conference to attend. (And it's virtual so I don't have to spend money on travel costs) Thus, I decided to enroll. It is May 16th-17th and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. Who knows, after this, my writing career may never be the same! 




Comments