The End Draws Near and New Doors Open

Oh my gosh, time has flown by. I am so sorry I haven't posted but really, I haven't had time! I mean, everything has just been one thing after another and then....now...its finally slowing down and though I like the time, it also brings sadness. I will be done with school this Wednesday. It will be the last time I attend HS classes, it will be the last time I wear uniform, and it will be the last time I am a Senior in high school. Sure, technically I'm still a senior till graduation, but I won't be a senior in school. I'll be a senior between school and graduation. And, I am so excited. I mean, I'm moving on, I'm going to College where I will study genetics and run track at a Division One school! But...at the same time, I am really sad. I will be leaving my friends, my family, all that I know and am comfortable with and going out into the unknown. Oh these feelings within me are so conflicted. Sad and Happy. Scared and Excited. It's just so weird too. Because, now, every time I do something, I think about what I need to be doing for next year or how I should do it next year. Like, my room is actually clean right now and for all those who know my room, that's impressive. Here's the scary thought though. It has been this clean for a few days now because in my head, after I cleaned, I thought to myself, "I'm going to be in college this upcoming Fall and I can't allow my room to get messy when I am in college." Thus, my room is still clean and every time Nicole leaves something out, I'm picking it up and putting it away. Me! And there are so many other little things that are different now. And I pray that all the differences will be a good thing that make a better friend, a better daughter, sister, and Christian. There is one thing though, that I know for a fact will be only beneficial from the fact that I am done with school on Wednesday. I will have lots and lots and lots of time to dedicate to my book and to editing it! Which will be super exciting as I plan to have it all edited by the end of summer and published at the beginning of school! So yeah, super excited about that. No mixed feelings there! lol I just wish everything could be as simple as that, but it's not. That doesn't matter though because when I look back on my high school career, I will miss it, but instead of being sad, I will treasure all the wonderful memories. For truly, I was blessed. I had the best of friends! I had the best family I could have asked for, who've supported me through everything! And I have had such a great school who gave me great opportunities to learn and grow. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3 <3 <3

Comments