A New Adventure

Well....this is it. I'm heading off to California today. I'll arrive in Davis and (hopefully) move into my apartment the morning of September 5th. It's time to start the next chapter of my life. I've had a wonderful summer. My first summer since I started college actually and I 'm so glad that I decided to take this summer off. Spending it with my family and friends has been truly wonderful. 💗

Last family picture before I started the long drive
(Nicole is in Commerce)

Some errands yesterday included getting my oil changed and packing up my car. It was a tight fit...Dad had to help me reorganize since I had added a few more things to my packing list...But hey, we made it work! 😉

I ate lunch with Julia up at her school as a surprise. Tried to surprise Preston as well but he had a physics lab during lunch. 😕 I stopped by anyway to say hi. I spent my last night at home playing. Farkle with the family. It was a lot of fun! 😃 And Dad grilled ribs for dinner. OMG, so good...so, so good. I love my family. I'm going to miss them so much. I cried leaving this morning.

But now I am on the road with Dad. During this three day car trip, I plan to work on editing my book. Travis has given great feedback so far and we are currently working on chapter 10. So, almost half way done with those edits! I'm still going through my hard copy as well. Dad even started reading the hard copy. Seems to be liking it thus far.  But soon, very soon, it will be time to send it off to the publishers.

Comments