Life in California

Hey guys! Guess what! I'm still alive! 😀 These past couple weeks have been crazy. Moving across country, settling into my apartment (which by the way, currently doesn't have a functional living room thanks to water damage from the summer but hey, I get free rent while it's getting fixed!), starting research in the lab, trying to be social and meet new people. Oh and don't forget trying to edit and work on my book! So yeah, not too much going on. 😜

*Takes a breath* Okay, now that all of that is off my chest, where should I start? Well, my dad read my entire book during our trip to CA and actually enjoyed it! So ten points for me! lol Seriously though, it meant so much to me that my Dad, who never reads, would take the time to actually read my book.💗 He gave some great feedback and overall, enjoyed reading it. If my Dad likes it, then surely I am doing something right. 😉

Travis is continuing to edit/revise a chapter a day. He is currently on chapter twenty. Almost done! After that, I will print out the newest edition and physical read it again to catch anything else that needs to be updated. 

The biggest update for the writing of this book, is that two sections of the book are being rewritten. Hint: They involve Elena's past. But that's all I will say. These two sections originally hadn't changed much from the first draft. They were just updated so to speak. But when my dad read through the second section, he said it didn't really do anything for him. It didn't add anything to story. I reread it and realized that he was right. It didn't reveal anything new to the reader that wasn't known beforehand. So, it's being revamped. As I was doing that though, that made me realize that another section, similar to this one, also needed a second take. And I am very pleased with the outcome. 

I have a little treat for everyone, to apologize for delay in posting and to celebrate my new life that I am starting here in California.

Below are pictures of how I imagine Lisa's appearance at different stages within her life. 
(I do not own these pictures)
   
                     
                    Child
Rebellious Teenager


         
                     
         
                    Young Lady
                    (Current appearance)

Mature Woman

Comments