Life Experiences

Sorry that this week post is kind of later in the week, but I have been extremely busy with life and that is a good thing, especially for a writer. Why? Because it means we get to pull out more from our own experiences to enrich the quality of our books. And now, what have I been busy with? Well, this weekend I had All-STATE. A simply amazing experience which I shall never forget for I was with 159 other singers for three days straight and all we basically did, was sing and sing and sing, and then all our practice paid off as we participated in a concert, probably the best concert I have ever had the privilege of singing with. I mean, it was that good. And thus, I plan to incorporate singing into my books. :) I can't do it with book one, but I definitely plan to reveal one of my character's amazing singing ability. Who? I'll leave that up for my readers to guess. :D
I have also been super duper busy getting ready for my oral competitions this Friday. I am competing in Modern Oratory and Extemporaneous Speaking. If you don't know what those are, here is the basics. Modern Oratory, I write and memorize a 10 minute speech about any topic. I chose E-waste. :) Extemporaneous Speaking, you pull three topics, choose one, and have thirty minutes to organize a five minute speech using different articles you have collected. And that's what they are and I simply love them as I like to give speeches. Perhaps it's because my mother is a communication teacher. :)
But besides all this busyness, I have some important news and for all my followers who read this far, good for you! I have finished writing chapter 24 and it is so INTENSE but so GOOD!!! :D :D :D I can't tell you any more, though perhaps I'll leave a snippet soon. ;) So yeah, I only have two chapters left so keep praying for me and keep reading!

Comments