Revising

This week I had the fun task of revising my book as I revised ideas to make that flow with ideas I had for the future. And yes, I revised, not edited. What's the difference? Well, for the sake of having a post with more details, :) I shall tell you the difference. Revising is to Reexamine and make alterations to (written or printed matter). Editing though is to Prepare (written material) for publication by correcting, condensing, or otherwise modifying it. As you can see, they are similar but there are differences and it is those differences which allow me to say that I have revised a major section within my book this past week. What did I revise? Well, I can't reveal too much or otherwise I will reveal a major section of the plot but I can give this little teaser which some may not like while others will. I have to say though, I think it works best for this section. "I have cut out some action and dove straight to the point of chapter 24." What that really means, will have to be revealed at another time. :) So yeah, revising is extremely important in a book as it allows you to completely remove bad sections and rewrite them anew, even changing the plot line! Which is why today's post discussed revising and not editing. Now, editing is also important but that's a post for another day. :P

Comments