A Special Day

Guess what...today is my birthday! I am now 22 years old! 😀 I'm feeling pretty good about life, especially this summer. I finished rewriting my book, went out on a lot of lake trips with my family, beat my summer goal of running 5 miles and not dying (Ran 8 miles last week 😛), made some progress on the Afghan I am crocheting (still have a long way to go though), and am ready to head out to Cali for graduate school! It's been pretty great! 👍

Now, I haven't opened any of my gifts yet. That will be tonight after dinner. I did want to give a shout out to my mom though who gave me an amazing gift just because she could. What is it? She printed out my entire book and bound it for me. All 230 pages! It's fantastic! Getting to hold my book, even though it isn't officially published yet, just feels so satisfying. Now, I will reread through the entire thing, make my own notes on it, and fix it up so it can be sent off to DAW. Such an amazing gift. I am so very blessed to have such supportive parents. 💗

Isn't it beautiful?


Lunch with Papa & Patpat

So, what are the birthday plans? 

Family time. I am eating out with my grandparents on my Dad's side, Papa & Patpat, for lunch. Then dinner will be spent with my family. We might eat out or Mom may make a nice home-cooked meal for me. It's going to be a surprise. Plus...there should be some apple crumble pie. 😄 

Comments