It's 2017. What's been going on?

Wow has a lot of time passed.... but time has not been wasted. Why? Because I am pleased to write that I have been quite productive actually. Not only have I graduated with my bachelors degree, I have been rewriting book one, The Power Within! 😃

Wait...did I just say rewriting??? 😦 Yes, I did. After I finished the draft of book two, The Bloody Diamond, I started working on editing The Power Within for publishing. My editor recommended that I needed to work on the first chapter as it was kind of slow. I agreed with her so instead of just fixing, I decided to rewrite it.

Well...that turned into me rewriting the entire book as my ideas came together and I could see how much my writing had grown and improved over the years. And let me tell y'all. This rewrite is much, much better! I absolutely love it and can't wait for it to be out, once and for all. I have written 19/23 chapters and am excited for the new and improved ending. Trust me, it will have been worth the wait.

And just to clarify, the main points within the book are the same. I like to describe it as a parallel universe. It's different...but similar. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, as a special treat, I have posted below the new and updated prologue. Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think!

------------------------------
Prologue: Brothers

          A man stepped into the flickering firelight, the light glinting off his eyes and revealing his tattered clothes. He glanced around. He was deep underground, the cavern walls etched with the markings of time and erosion. He stepped closer to the fire, showing his unkempt hair – covered in dust and dirt - his skin burned one shade too dark, and his lips parched and cracked. When he spoke, his voice was deep and hoarse.
“I know you are here brother. And let me guess,” His eyes narrowed, “The stone isn’t here either…”
A chuckle came from the darkness at the other end of the cavern, “And what would make you say that?”
The fire burned brighter, matching the ragged man’s temper, “Are you trying to tempt my patience?”
“You are the one searching for something that is not yours.”
The fire popped and crackled, reaching towards the ceiling. The man clutched his fist, “It is mine. You stole it from me and I’m here to take it back.”
The brother tisked, “Seriously, did you not listen to Father? It is not something to be claimed. It is given.”
“And it was supposed to be given to me!” The fire reached the ceiling, blackening it.
Suddenly, another man stood next to fire, seeming to appear out of thin air, and he waved his hand, muttering ancient words.
Ra eev e ra it  
The fire dissipated, crackling at a normal height, and illuminating the man’s fine features. His hair was neatly cut and he emanated the air of an experienced warrior. He sighed and turned towards the first man.
“I must say, I am starting to tire of this game of yours. This is the fourth cavern you’ve investigated. You’re not going to find what you are looking for.”
The man’s fist shook slightly, rage blaring in his eyes. “You think this is a game to me Joseph? This is more than just a game.” He spat the word. “This is my life. My destiny. And I will find it.”
Joseph stared at him, puzzlement filling his expression. “I don’t understand. You've never cared before in the past.” He raised an eyebrow, “And now it’s suddenly become your destiny?”
“You mock me?”
He shook his head, “No, I’m just confused by the sudden change.” Concern filled his eyes, “What happened to you?”
The man’s eyes darkened, “I learned the truth of the matter.”
“What truth?”
A dark aura seemed to surround the man, “About the darkness within humanity.”
Joseph narrowed his eyes and then they widened in shock, “Brother…don’t tell me…” He began to walk towards the man, shaking his head, “Don’t tell me you’ve sided with-”
The man raised a hand, a wicked grin on his face, “And what if I have? What if I have found the power to destroy you and your precious little stone forever?”
Joseph stopped, pain flittering across his face and he looked away, “Please tell me that you haven’t.”
The man laughed, “But I have. Don’t you see? I’m already bound to my new master, his power courses through my soul. And if you don’t lead us to the cavern with the actual stone, then I will have to kill you.”
Joseph stared at the ground, his voice hardening, “You’d kill your very own brother, your flesh and blood, for power?”
A dark fog rolled on the man’s hand, twisting like rope, “Yes.” He smirked at Joseph, “How about you? Are you willing to kill to protect a stone that’s not even yours?”
Joseph twirled his hand, and suddenly, a staff appeared and seated at the top was a blood red diamond. Joseph looked up from the ground, a dangerous glint in his eyes, “I am the Protector of the Bloody Diamond and I will destroy you if necessary.”
The vein bulged on the man’s neck. “Too bad that decoration on your staff won’t protect you.” And with a snarl-like shout, thrust his hand towards Joseph.
E ensee en ura ee!
The black mass sped across the room.
Joseph responded with words of his own, and a burst of light erupted from the diamond and flew to meet the black magic.
           The battle for the first Stone had begun.

Comments