Biking Trip

It's the Weekend!

What does that mean for a writer? Maybe some writing, some editing, etc. But I am more than just a writer. I am an explorer whether it is in a book, off on a hike, within a genome, or in my neighborhood park. So what did I explore today?



Well, I went biking with my Newman Graduate Group! It was 1.5 hours to Winters, ~11 miles, and the path was beautiful. It was also basically all flat so that was nice. :P Once we made it to Winters, we ate brunch, walked to a nearby park, and then biked back. But let me tell you, the Winters Park is probably the coolest park I have ever seen! I mean, check out the pictures below! They even had a zipline-like thing! :O And being back on the swings... I was a little kid again! With my chest flying out of me as I went higher and higher, thumping back down into the swing as gravity brought me back. I almost forgot how much fun it is!

It's experiences like this, that eventually shape my writing. What does Elena feel as she sits on a swing and starts to lean back and forward, back and forward, her hair whipping across her face? What does Cody think as he stares out at an orchard of Walnuts, going as far as the eye can see? Sure, imagination helps me write these scenes, but if I experience themselves, then I'm not just writing what I think it's like... I'm writing how it is


 


Comments