Scrivener Trial

So while on Twitter....

I read several posts about something called "Scrivener". A software designed for writers that made it easy to rearrange, edit, write, compile, research, etc. Basically, whatever a writer wanted to do, it supposedly could do! So I had to check it out and downloaded the free trial. 

My Verdict?

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. The tutorial (which was super long) explained everything I needed to know so after I made it through it, I uploaded my current manuscript and off I went! I've separated each of the chapters into the various POV sections, written synopsis for the chapters, and even messed around with the compiler for when it's time to submit. The outliner is probably my favorite part. 

Why is all this so much better than before? Well, previously in Word, I had to create a separate document for each chapter for easy editing and then remerge them together one by one for the final manuscript. And don't get me started if a chapter needed more editing. Well not anymore! And that's only the beginning of my experience. What else will I discover? :D 

In summary

I highly recommend any writers to try out Scrivener. It is reasonably priced and gives you a 30-day usage free trial. What's not to like? Also, if you are graduate student like me with a QE proposal coming up, then I doubly recommend it. ;)

You can download the free trial HERE

Here's an example of my work set up. 

Comments